This is the system Jason Webb uses to tie horses up safely.
The Safe-Tie allows horses to pull back without injuring or freeing themselves. At the same time it creates enough resistance to teach the horse to step forward to release halter pressure rather than pulling back.
You may also be interested in The Complete Tie Package – which includes the JW Rope 12’ and clip with instruction sheet.
“This is a fantastic aid to teach horses to tie up safely and I use it without fail in all situations on the yard and in the horse box.”
How to use the Safe-Tie:
1. Loop the rope and slide it into the tie under the friction bar (bottom hole)
2. Place over the neck of the tie – small hole
3. Fix to caribiner and attach to something solid (i.e not a rail that will pull off) – place the tie up aid ideally at the horses eye height.
4. Adjust Rope to desired length
5. Check resistance – rope should pull slowly through (ideal rope length are 12ft – 20ft but normal lead ropes can be used for less severe cases)
6. Ensure your horse knows how to step forward from halter pressure and leads well before tying up to aid.
7. Do not leave inexperienced horses unattended.