“My first impressions were of a yard that was clean, calm and unpretentious. What you see is what you get, nothing is hidden unlike some yards. The stables were of good size and well managed and the pastures were well maintained.” Louise Hutchinson
Australian Horsemanship is situated on the picturesque Risebridge Farm, Goudhurst, Kent. This 100 acre farm was used privately for equestrian use for a number of years as well as holding events for local Pony Clubs. Over the past 8 years, we have invested a lot into improving the facilities, which are designed to provide the best care for your horse and a safe environment for training both horse and rider. We are not resting on our laurels though and it is our intention over the next two years to keep adding to the present facilities that include:
For the Horse…
- The ‘English’ stable block of 8 beautiful brick stables, rebuilt in 2010.
- The ‘Aussie’ stable block ranging from standard sized stables to large pens. They are built out of hop poles on a chalk and sand base, providing an open, natural environment where the horses become extraordinarily relaxed.
- Fenced paddocks ranging in size from small individual turnout paddocks to 10 acre fields, ensuring that we can provide turnout all year round.
- Specialist stallion paddocks with high fencing.
- Secure Feed Room
- Hay Barn
- Washdown and farrier bay
For the Rider…
- Toilet and shower facilities
- Heated kitchen and meeting room
- 3 Secure tack rooms
- Car and lorry park
- Heated rug room
- Rug washing and reproofing service
- 50m x 30m all weather arena with sand/rubber surface
- Newly built round pen with Flexitrack surface, opening into the arena
- Undercover Claydon Horsewalker
- 100 Acres of off-road hacking, including woodland and natural grass gallops up Balcombe Hill.
- 2 polocrosse pitches that also double as excellent flat training areas.
- Ditches, steps, water jumps
- Training Show Jumps